These are a perfect vegetarian entree to wow your guests. Garlic and mushrooms are a match made in heaven and really shine through this preparation!
- 6 large portobella mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper – finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 6 cloves of Ribbon Road Farm Premium Black Garlic – finely sliced (one for each mushroom)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 3oz breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 oz Cheddar Cheese – grated
- 1tbs freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 tablespoons of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean. Carefully remove the stems (and reserve) but keep the mushroom caps whole. Place the mushrooms in a large baking dish.
- Finely chop the reserved stems, sweet red pepper and onion.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion mixture until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Once cool enough, stir in the beaten egg then fold in the sliced garlic cloves. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom cups.
- Sprinkle both cheeses evenly over the 6 mushrooms and pour the stock around them.
- Drizzle the tops with olive oil and season again with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the tops golden brown.
Serves 6 as a starter