The Black Garlic really adds a depth of flavor to this delicious Saté Sauce.
- 1.5 lb chicken breast – skin removed and cut into cubes
- For the marinade
- 3 small shallots – peeled
- 1 clove of peeled black garlic
- Half a tsp. lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp. of ground coriander
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 2 tsp. of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. of smooth peanut butter (natural / unsweetened)
- For the sauce
- 3 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 cloves of Ribbon Road Farm Premium Black Garlic
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemongrass
- 3 Tbsp. smooth peanut butter (natural / unsweetened)
- 4 spring onions
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: Chili powder, or fresh chillies of choice
- To make the marinade: Place all the ingredients (with the exception of the chicken) into a blender. Pour the marinade into a non-metallic bowl, add chicken pieces, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Black Garlic Saté Sauce: Place all the ingredients into a blender. Blend together and taste, adjust seasoning as you wish!
- Put the sauce into a saucepan and heat gently just before serving. If too thick add water or coconut milk depending on the richness of your sauce!
- To assemble: Thread the cubes of chicken onto skewers. Cook them in a pan or barbecue them on a grill. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, serve with the warm Black Garlic Saté Sauce.