Smita Chutke and our family have been partnering up for almost a year! @smitascookery creates amazing recipes with our black garlic and we’re consistently impressed by her creativity, her talent, and her business — make sure to check her out!
This dry rub is great on meat, fish, veggies, sprinkled on toast, dip, soup, eggs, etc.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cloves Ribbon Road Farm Black Garlic
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri red chili (or chili powder of your choice)
- 1 tsp (or more!) of fine sea salt
- Toast the coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly just until fragrant and golden — watch it closely, quick to burn! Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Toast the sesame seeds in the same skillet, tossing frequently until they start to pop and are fragrant. Remove from heat and add chili powder, stir to combine while warm.
- Add coconut, seeds / chili blend, peanuts, black garlic, and salt to a blender or food processor. Grind until course powder.
- Taste and adjust accordingly. Too spicy? More coconut / peanuts / seeds. Too bland? More salt / spice!