What may sound like a strange combo, imagine what happens when berries are kissed with balsamic — a whole new flavor opens up and that’s exactly what happens with black garlic too. A not-too-sweet dessert or addition to a cheese board, this is sure to both stump and delight your guests!
- 3-4 cloves of Ribbon Road Farm Premium Black Garlic
- 1 cup whipped cream or mascarpone
- 1-2 tsp powdered sugar (adjust to suit your preference)
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 12 large strawberries
- Optional: Dark Chocolate
- Mash 2 cloves of the black garlic until smooth. Set aside.
- To whipped cream add powdered sugar, vanilla, and mashed garlic and fold very gently.
- Scoop the cream into a bowl or spread onto a plate as a bed for the strawberries to rest on.
- Slice or halve strawberries and arrange on the plate or in a bowl to dip into the cream.
- Grate or slice the remaining clove or two of black garlic over the top of the berries, cream, or both!
- Optional – Add some grated dark chocolate as well.