The flowering stalk of the garlic bulb, scapes are a true Spring treat! This simple sauté is a perfect way to use more of the garlic plant and infuse your cooking with the mild flavor we know and love!
- Garlic scapes
- Olive oil or butter
- Flaky salt, to taste
- Break or cut the scapes into bite-sized, one-inch pieces.
- On medium-high heat, in a sauté pan, add the oil or butter.
- Once warm (not too hot!) add the scapes!
- Sauté until al dente and golden brown in places, 2-5 mins (less or more depending on size and preference!).
- Serve as a veggie-side, add to other veggies in a stir-fry or serve as a topping for meat or fish.
Note: Sauté means to jump around, so keep them moving in the pan!