No products in the cart.
Mushroom and Black Garlic Risotto
- April 16, 2018
This dish really produces a WOW effect with guests
6 cups of vegetable stock; ¼ lb butter; 4 tablespoons of olive oil; 1 onion – very finely chopped; 4 peeled cloves of Ribbon Road Farm Premium Black Garlic – finely sliced.; 1lb risotto rice (Arborio or Carnoli); 1 small glass of white wine; ½ lb fresh mushrooms – sliced; 1oz Parmesan cheese – freshly grated; 2oz mascarpone cheese; Freshly chopped parsley – optional; Truffle oil – optional; Salt and black pepper
1. In a large pan heat the stock until it reaches simmering point.
2. Prepare the mushroom base. Melt 4tbs of butter in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the
mushrooms and some salt and pepper. Heat slowly until the mushrooms are cooked.
3. Heat 4tbs butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the finely chopped onion and sweat
until soft and translucent. Now add the black garlic. Mix the black garlic into the onion mixture.
4. Now add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the glass of white wine. Allow it to reduce until
there is no liquid in the pan. Stir continuously.
5. Add a ladleful of vegetable stock, stirring continuously. As soon as the liquid is absorbed add another
ladleful of stock and continue this until the rice is cooked. Stir continuously.
6. The rice should be slightly ‘al dente’ but soft and loose. When you are happy with the consistency, stir
in the mushroom mixture and the pan juices.
7. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, 2tbs of butter and 1-2oz of mascarpone cheese
8. Season to taste with salt and black pepper
Serving suggestion – Stir in some freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with a little truffle oil.