No products in the cart.
Black Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
- April 16, 2018
Serves 6 as a starter
6 large cup mushrooms; 1 large sweet red pepper – finely chopped; 1 onion – finely chopped; 6 cloves of Ribbon Road Farm Premium Black Garlic – finely sliced (one for each mushroom); 6tbs butter; 3oz breadcrumbs; 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley; 2 tablespoons of lemon juice; 1 egg, beaten; 2 oz Cheddar Cheese – grated; 1tbs freshly grated Parmesan Cheese; 6 tablespoons of chicken or vegetable stock; Salt and freshly ground; black pepper; Olive oil for drizzling
1. Heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Wipe the mushrooms clean. Carefully take out the stalks but keep the mushroom cups whole. Place
the mushrooms in a large baking dish.
3. Chop the stalks, sweet red pepper and onion.
4. Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion mixture.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste.
7. Stir in the beaten egg.
8. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom cups. Tuck one finely sliced peeled black garlic clove into each
9. Sprinkle over the grated Cheddar Cheese and Parmesan.
10. Pour the stock around them
11. Drizzle the tops with olive oil. Season again with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
12. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the tops golden brown.